|Organization Name:||Bermuda Land Development Company|
|Address:||Triton House 1 Longfield Road,
Bermuda, DD 03
Tel: (441) 293-5712
|Contact Person:||Ships Wharf Redevelopment Manager|
|GT Ref ID:||027121|
|Tender Notice Type:||Request for Qualifications|
|Tender Notice No:||-|
|Description:||BLDC is seeking to enter into a Project Agreement with one or more Prequalified Parties to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the Cargo Port Project.
The Project consists of two wharfs capable of supporting two 380' vessels simultaneously. In order to deliver the turnaround speed, two ship-to-shore cranes are required to conduct loading/unloading operations enabling a maximum 24-hour turn-around. The port project is to deliver a turnkey solution.
Additional technical details and background information are contained in the Technical Information Booklet made available to Proponents after payment of a Registration Fee. See payment instructions here.
In outline, the Project will require the delivery of the following infrastructure:
- dredged channels to enable required ship docking;
- new dock wall, bollards and fenders;
- hard surfacing of the working area to enable efficient container handling;
- container yard with space for up to 500 containers allowing for stacking,
- sorting, loading and unloading;
- dry stack space for 2,000 tons of aggregate type materials;
- parking for car carrier loads of up to 140 cars;
- plant to manage and move the containers: six stackers of three types are
- envisaged and half the plant must be able to handle 40'containers;
- port container x-ray facility (required in order to exchange freight with the U.S.A.);
- reefer bank with 480V supply for up to 24 containers;
- HM Customs facility for processing imports and exports including search and palette x-ray facility;
- workshops for supporting the dock operations;
- office and administrative areas for the dock operator;
- bonded warehouse for breakdown of goods;
- dock power distribution and lighting; and
- all dock security infrastructure, fencing and landscaping.
|Deadline:||23 May 2018; 17:00 hrs (ADT)|
Original Document (462 KB)
RFQ Document (353 KB)