Most trusted source for Tendering Opportunities and Business Intelligence since 2002
|National Agency For The Control Of Aids
|Head of Procurement
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Plot 823, Ralph Shodeinde Street
Central Business District, Abuja
|Head of Procurement
|GT Ref ID:
|Tender Notice Type:
|Expression Of Interest
|Tender Notice No:
Federal Government Of Nigeria
National Agency For The Control Of Aids
Request For Expression Of Interest
For The Selection Of A Technical Service Organization (TSO) For The Strengthening Of The Nigerian National Health Management Information System (NHMIS)
Health data and information availability is of great importance to government at all levels in Nigeria as health data and information are critical to the design, implementation and monitoring of public health programmes. Such data must be accurate, timely, reliable and relevant for it to drive evidence-informed policy formulations, strategic decision making, stimulate health programmatic action, improve programme performance and overall health outcomes. Nigeria's National Health Management Information System ( NHMIS) was developed to provide decision makers and programs with the necessary information to take relevant public health action. The Department of Health Planning, Research and Statistics (DHPRS), Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), is at the apex of the national health information system and is the statutory organ for coordinating health information activities nationwide. The DHPRS (NHMIS Unit) collaborates with relevant agencies, such as the National Bureau of Statistics, the National Population Commission, and other Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of governments, and international agencies, that produce and/or use health information for policy decision making.
B. Problem Statement
The NHMIS has not been able to meet the information needs of government, development partners as a result of low investments in health systems. The suboptimal performance of the NHMIS also partly contributed to the development of parallel disease health information systems by development partners in Nigeria, thereby further weakening the NHMIS. The overall consequence has been the fragmentation of data management system, low quality data that is of little use in evidence-based planning and decision making.
C. Goal and Objectives
The goal of this consultancy is a strengthened NHMIS that ensures timely routine data generation and flow from health facilities (public and private) and community- based systems into the NHMIS-DHIS2 platform.
The objectives of this consultancy are to:
1. Strengthen routine data generation and flow from health facilities (public and private) and community based systems into the NHMIS-DHIS2 platform.
2. Migrate all existing electronic health data management platforms across all disease programmes and or create linkages/ synchronization with the NHMIS Platform and eliminate parallel reporting systems.
3. Host the NHMIS-DHIS2 database at DHPRS with functional back-up servers to mirror and back-up HIV/AIDS, Malaria and TB program data.
4. Deploy IT infrastructure, maintain business to business internet connectivity and ensure data security at all time.
5. Provide technical support to DHPRS in Capacity building in data management and use for national, states and LGAs.
Click here for more details
|11 December 2017; 12:00hrs
Original Document (1,572 KB)