|MCA: SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE|
|Written by Administrator|
|Thursday, January 08, 2009.|
|Letter of Invitation for Proposals on
Re: RAIL PROJECT MANAGER 2
RFP Ref: CA/MCA-M/MCC/RAIL2/CS/027/2008
1. THE FULL TEXT OF THIS LETTER OF INVITATION HAS BEEN PLACED ON MCA-Mongolia website www.mca.mn.
2. The Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”) and the Government of Mongolia (the “Government”) have entered into a Millennium Challenge Compact for Millennium Challenge Account assistance (the “Compact”) to help facilitate poverty reduction through economic growth in Mongolia. The Government, acting through Millennium Challenge Account Mongolia (“MCA Entity”), intends to apply a portion of the MCC Funding to eligible payments under a contract for which the Request for Proposals (RFP) is issued.
3. The objective of the Rail Project under the Compact is to increase rail traffic and shipping efficiency in Mongolia. The objective of the Rail Project Manager is to (i) Design and implement the training and technical assistance programs detailed in the Compact; (ii) Provide limited technical input into the development of specifications for equipment procurements and in the inspection and acceptance of such equipment; (iii) Assist MCA Entity in the design and establishment of LeaseCo (government-owned leasing entity); (iv) Assist MCA-Mongolia in their work to select a suitable private sector contractor (OpCo) for undertaking the operations of LeaseCo, including assisting as needed in drafting technical Terms of Reference, reviewing technical requirements and advising MCA-Entity and the Procurement Agent regarding technical questions in the procurement process; (v) Assist MCA-Entity in overseeing the work of OpCo.
4. This assignment is being re-tendered. The previous assignment under our ref. no. CA/MCA-M/MCC/RAIL/CS/02/2008 was first advertised on 9 June 2008 and the selection process was cancelled in November 2008 after completion of the evaluation of proposals. The present RFP has been modified significantly.
5. This Invitation for Proposals follows the General Procurement Notice on UNDB online (www.devbusiness.com) on February 11th 2008 and dgMarket (www.dgmarket.com) on February 8th 2008.
6. The MCA Entity now invites proposals to provide the consultant services referenced above (“Proposals”). More details on these consultant services are provided in the Terms of Reference of the Request for Proposals.
7. The Request for Proposal (“RFP”) is open to all eligible entities or persons (“Consultants”) who wish to respond. Consultants may only associate with each other in the form of a joint venture or in a sub-consultancy agreement to complement their respective areas of expertise to enhance their capacity to successfully carry out the assignment and so long as any association is otherwise formed in accordance with the terms of the RFP.
8. The consultant services, and the contract expected to be awarded, are divided into the following Phases:
This invitation seeks technical and financial proposals for one (1) base period fixed-price contract and two (2) fixed-price option periods. The base period will be for the first twenty four (24) month period; first option period for eighteen (18) month period, second option period for twelve (12) months. The base period and all options will be fully evaluated.
9. A Consultant will be selected under the Quality and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS), the evaluation procedure for which is described in sections of the RFP in accordance with “MCC Program Procurement Guidelines” which are provided on the MCC website www.mcc.gov.
10. Consultants interested in obtaining the full Request for Proposal and in submitting a Proposal should register their interest by sending an e-mail, giving full contact details of the Consultant, to
Crown Agents Inc
Procurement Agent for
Millennium Challenge Account-Mongolia
Academy of Management Building- III, 3rd floor, Room 307
Orgil Complex, Chinggis Ave, Khoroo 11, Khan-Uul District.
Ulaanbaatar 210136, Mongolia
For attn: S.Munkh-Ochir, Procurement Agent Specialist
Tel: +976 11 70120032; Fax: +976 11 70120031.
with CC to:
11. A pre-Proposal meeting will be held at the address shown in the preceding clause on 06 February 2009 at 10:30 hours (Ulaanbaatar time). Attendance is strongly advised for all prospective Consultants or their representatives but is not mandatory.
12. The closing time for receipt of Proposals is 05 March 2009 at 15:00 hours (Ulaanbaatar time) in Mongolia. Proposals received after this time and date shall not be considered and will be returned unopened. Consultants should be aware that distance and customs formalities may require longer than expected delivery time.
Chief Executive Officer
Millennium Challenge Account - Mongolia
MAJOR: The Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”)
COUNTRY : Mongolia