Project:ENERGY SECTOR CLEAN UP AND LAND RECLAMATION PROJECT
Abstract:PURCHASE OF HEAVY MINING/EARTH MOVING EQUIPMENT
Loan/Credit Number:Grant No. H234 KOS; Project ID. P096181
Contract/Bid Number:IFB No. 1
Deadline:26 January 2009
2. The United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Energy Sector Clean up and Land Reclamation Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to payments under the Contract for Purchase of Heavy Mining / Earth Moving Equipment, ICB No. 1.
3. The PMU for Energy Sector Clean up and Land Reclamation now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Purchase of Heavy Mining/Earth Moving Equipment divided in four lots as follows:
Lot 1Purchase of spare parts for two Liebherr Bulldozers, PR 752 Serial 3242061 and Serial 3242056;
Lot 2 Purchase of one Hydraulic Excavator;
Lot 3 Purchase of Five Articulated Dump Trucks;
Lot 4 Purchase of one Water Truck.
The equipment shall be delivered and installed at Coal Production Division, Obiliq, Prishtina, Kosovo.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Project Management Unit, attn. Bendis Boçari, Procurement Specialist at email@example.com and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 9.00 am to 04.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
6. Qualifications requirements include: The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial, experience and technical capacity requirements:
Lot 1: Average annual turnover of at least Euro 300,000 equivalent for one of the last two years.
Lot 2: Average annual turnover of at least Euro 600,000 equivalent for one of the last two years.
Lot 3: Average annual turnover of at least Euro 1,500,000 equivalent for one of the last two years.
Lot 4: Average annual turnover of at least Euro 130,000 equivalent for one of the last two years.
During the past two (2) years, the Bidder must have completed at least one (1) successful contract with supplying Heavy Mining/Earth Moving equipment similar and of a comparable scale with the characteristic and technical specifications provided in the Technical Specification Section of this Bidding Document for respective lot.
A margin of preference for certain goods manufactured domestically shall not be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be obtained by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below. The Bidding Documents will be sent by DHL or handed to interested bidder representative. The bidders must provide in the Application the detailed address where the Bidding Documents should be sent. The Bidding Documents will be provided in printed format (hard copy). In addition to the hard copy bidders may ask for electronic copy of the Bidding Documents. The electronic copy will be in a CD format.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 02.00 p.m, on January 26, 2009. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders representatives who choose to attend in person or online at the address below at 02.00 p.m., on January 26, 2009. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security for each lot of:
Lot 1: Three thousand (3,000) Euro
Lot 2: Six thousand (6,000) Euro
Lot 3: Fifteen thousand (15,000) Euro
Lot 4: One thousand and three hundred (1,300) Euro
9. The address referred to above is:
Contact:Project Management Unit.
Energy Sector Clean up and Land Reclamation.
Kosovo Energy Corporation (KEK j.s.c).
Mother Teresa Street, No. 36.
Ground Floor, Room 8.
Attn. Trandelina Cakaj, Project Director.
Tel: +381 38 240245.