SUPPLY, INSTALLATION & COMMISSIONING OF SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC LED STREET LIGHTING SYSTEM
The Department for International Development (DFID), Government of United Kingdom, in a six year
partnership with Urban Development and Housing Department (UD&HD), Government of Bihar (GoB) is
undertaking "Support Programme for Urban Reforms in Bihar (SPUR)". As part of SPUR, DFID has agreed for
Procurement and Installation of Solar Photovoltaic LED Street Lights in 27 ULBs in Bihar.
1. The Government of Bihar through Urban Development & Housing Department has appointed Bihar Urban
Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (BUIDCo.) for the execution of this project.
2. BUIDCo invites bids under two-stage bidding procedure. In the two-stage bidding procedure, bidders first
submit (Stage-1) their qualification statement and technical proposals, in accordance with the
specifications, but without prices. The technical proposals of only those bidders who meet the eligibility
criteria laid down in Bidding Document are evaluated and may be discussed with the bidders. The objective
of this process is to ensure that all technical proposals conform to the same acceptable technical standard
and meet the technical solution required by the Employer. After the evaluation of Stage-1 technical
proposals has been accepted, the second stage is to invite bidders to submit price proposals and revised
technical proposals in compliance with the acceptable technical standard. The bidders are allowed to
revise or adjust their technical proposals in State-2 submission to meet the requirements of the Employer.
3. The Bidding Document can be downloaded from tender section of BUIDCo's website (http://buidco.in)
from 18th December 2012 onwards.
4. The Successful Bidder shall be responsible for Design, Procurement, Installation, Testing, Commissioning of
4683 number of Solar Photovoltaic LED Street Lights with complete infrastructure and its maintenance for
5 years as per provisions of RFP Document;
5. This Invitation for Bids is open to all the Bidders (Domestic, International or a consortium thereof) meeting
the eligibility criteria stipulated in the Bid data Sheet of Bidding Document.
6. Interested Applicants may submit their proposal along with non-refundable RFP Document Cost of Rs.
10,000 (Rupee Ten Thousand) as per provision of RFP Document on or before the Due Date of Stage-1
Proposal Submission on 21th January 2013, 15:00 hrs.
7. Pre-Bid Conference will take place on 04th January 2013 at 3.00 pm at #303, 3rd Floor, Maurya Tower,
Maurya Lok Complex, Budh Marg, Patna 800 001.
8. No liability will be accepted by BUIDCo for downloading incomplete document(s). BUIDCo reserves the right
to accept or reject any or all applications without incurring any obligation to inform the affected
Applicant/s of the grounds.