Loan No. and Title: 2861-IND, Bihar Urban Development Investment Program – Project 1
Contract number and Title: BH/WS/01; Works of Rehabilitation/ Construction of Bhagalpur Water Supply System for 24X7 Service, and Operation and Maintenance of Entire System
Deadline for submission of applications: 1700 hours on 24 December 2012
1. This invitation for prequalification follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Asian Development Bank’s (ADB's) Business Opportunities website. The eligibility criteria indicated in the Prequalification Document and the procurement procedures of ADB will govern the prequalification and the bidding process.
2. India as the “Borrower” has received a Loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Bihar Urban Development Investment Program- Project 1. Part of this Loan under project 1 will be used for eligible payments under the contract named above.
3. The Bihar Urban Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. (BUIDCo; hereinafter referred to as the “Employer”), Government of Bihar, represented by the Managing Director, BUIDCo, intends to prequalify firms for the procurement of Works of Rehabilitation/ Construction of Bhagalpur Water Supply System for 24X7 Service, and Operation and Maintenance of Entire System.
4. It is expected that the Invitation for Bids will be made in February 2013.
5. To be qualified under this package, the bidder should as a minimum meet the following requirement:
Average Annual Construction Turnover
Minimum of INR 1,050 million (equivalent US$ 21 million) within the last three years.
Experience in contracts of Similar Size and Nature
In at least two water supply contracts within the last seven years, each with a value of at least INR 2,240 million (equivalent US$ 45 million)
For other and complete requirements, please refer Pre-qualification document.
6. Interested eligible applicants may obtain further information from Chief General Manager, BUIDCo and inspect the Prequalification Document at the address given below, from 10:00 to 16:00 hours on any working day.
7. The Prequalification Document, in the English language, may be purchased by interested Applicants on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Indian Rupees 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty thousand only) or US$ 400 starting from 15 November 2012 to 21 December 2012. Those applicants, who desire to receive the document by courier shall have to pay Rs. 22,000/- (Rupees Twenty-two thousand only) or US$ 440 for delivery within India; or Rs 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty-five thousand only) or US$ 500 for delivery outside India. The method of payment will be through demand draft in favour of Managing Director, Bihar Urban Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited, payable at Patna. No liability will be accepted for loss in transit or late delivery.
8. The Prequalification Document (PQ) is also available on project website: buidco.in Eligible interested applicants can see and download the document and can participate in the prequalification process. Such bidders will submit cost of the PQ document @INR 20,000 along with the PQ application through demand draft in favour of Managing Director, Bihar Urban Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited, payable at Patna. Bidders who intend to download the PQ document from the website and use the same for application submission are requested to visit the website regularly for clarifications/ or addendums to the PQ Document. Applications must be delivered to the address below at or before 1700 hours on 24 December 2012.
9. The Employer will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Applicants in connection with the preparation or delivery of their Applications.
10. The Employer will notify all Applicants in writing of the names of those Applicants who have been prequalified.
24 December 2012
at 17:00 hrs. Indian Standard Time